Great Neck and Salem Middle schools in Virginia Beach have once again received distinction as AVID National Demonstration Schools. This elite designation has been awarded to only 200 of 8,000 AVID schools in the United States and around the world. AVID National Demonstration Schools exhibit a college and career readiness culture through rigor and high expectations for all students throughout the school.
As the staff of Windsor Oaks Elementary, we will:
- Provide a safe, pleasant, positive environment with clear expectations, consistent consequences and specific goals.
- Help all students achieve their academic potential by recognizing and supporting individual needs and learning styles.
- Use various methods of assessment that enable us to monitor the learning of individual students to support continuous improvement.
- Conduct ourselves in a manner that promotes positive self-esteem and contributes to a respectful environment ensuring the rights of all individuals within the school.
- Model the life-long learning and commitment to high quality work that we hope to develop in our students.
- Involve parents and the community in the education of their children by keeping them informed of student progress and offering suggestions for assisting their children.
As students of Windsor Oaks Elementary, you will get the most of your education if you:
- Attend school every day,
- Behave in an orderly way to help make everyone's time more productive,
- Show respect for yourself and others (teachers, staff, volunteers and students),
- And give your best effort to your schoolwork and homework.